A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Senior Engineer, Upstream Biomanufacturing
- Serve as the lead technical contact for biopharmaceutical customers/clients on critical upstream projects for Asia.
- Execute on site bioreactor hardware and software implementation in a pilot or manufacturing scenario.
- Provide consultative expertise and technical support for best practices, process development, scale-up and implementation of upstream applications.
- Independently design and direct experiments and execute experimental protocols to understand process sensitivity and troubleshoot operational issues. Assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed experiments, materials, or equipment.
- Critically examine/analyze data and model process behavior to characterize process performance.
- Serve as key interface for our company Sales, R&D and Marketing Groups for Voice of the Customer and market trends.
- Design and execute reviews/audits to examine process sequence, operation protocol, design parameters and recommend appropriate changes.
- Proactively seek out and encourage thought leadership opportunities to advance the industry “state of the art”.
- Be identified as an industry though leader and participate in internal and external technology summits.
- Interface with local and international MSAT colleagues to ensure a common “Best Practices” technical approach for application development and implementation.
- Drive for continuous improvement in both tools and methodologies.
- Support the development and execution of training for internal colleagues.
Who are you:
- BS/MS or PhD in Science or Engineering with 5 - 7 years of experience in related field.
- Strong background and practical experience in upstream processing of bio molecules
- Strong knowledge of the development scale up and implementation of bioprocess upstream technology.
- Knowledge of science and engineering fundamentals - especially stirred tank bioreactor implementation and scale up, cell culture media technology and understanding of process economics, and process control.
- Strong leadership skills with strong experience with the Asia Market.
- Experience with downstream operations is an advantage.
- Have a demonstrated ability to design experiments and troubleshoot operational issues.
- Understand scaling issues, constraints and operational techniques relating to our company’s applications. Possess a current and high level of technical competency in our markets, applications and products. These include stirred tank bioreactor technology, automation and control, upstream bio safety, cell culture fluid clarification and upstream operations.
- Based in Singapore, approximately up to 50% travel is required.
- Demonstrate solid data analysis and organizational skills.
- Experience in preparing project proposals, plans, schedules as well as detailed reports.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and deliver multiple projects.
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to execute new products and applications and support existing products and applications.
- Possess well-developed verbal, listening and written communication skills and the ability to respond to customer needs in a timely fashion.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com