A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono we are seeking a Scientist to join our dynamic, multidisciplinary team responsible for supporting the translational development of EMD Serono’s bifunctional anti-PD-L1/TGF-beta trap, Bintrafusp alfa. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and hands-on execution of non-clinical in vivo pharmacology studies supporting Bintrafusp alfa and will lead in the development of a research platform utilizing precision, image-guided radiotherapy to explore the immunobiology of radiation therapy. You will be responsible for developing mouse tumor radiotherapy models using the Xstrahl Small Animal Radiation Research Platform (SARRP) and will provide scientific and technical leadership to support the development of novel radiotherapy/immune-oncology combination therapies. You will also collaborate with teams across drug development programs and drive forward initiatives evaluating novel cancer immunotherapy approaches in combination with radiotherapy.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology or other related Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience conducting research with mouse immune or cancer models or Master’s degree in Biology, Immunology or other related Science discipline.
- PhD with 1+ years of experience, Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years’ experience
- A deep understanding of immunology, oncology or immune oncology supported by a publication record is required.
- Candidates with hands-on experience conducting small animal research studies involving image guided radiation or live imaging (e.g. micro-CT, IVIS imaging, MRI) are highly preferred.
- Specific experience in immune checkpoint or TGF-beta biology is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting research with mouse immune or cancer models, ability to prepare drug formulations, administer compounds via various routes (IV, PO, IP), and collect blood or tissue samples for analysis.
- Proficiency in data collection/documentation of all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents.
- Ability to work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively on complex projects, troubleshoot effectively and think proactively.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.