A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Maintain and improve Group Data Privacy framework, adopted to needs in the PRC, as well as sector specific variances; design, develop, and implement business standards, policies, and procedures regarding data privacy requirements in compliance with local law and Our Company’s global procedures and templates.
- Lead projects for compliance with data privacy and cyber security regulations on the local level and in cooperation with the Global Data Privacy office.
- Act as a channel of communication to receive and direct Data Privacy issues appropriately for resolution and in coordination with the global office.
- Coordinate Data Privacy activities across business sectors.
- Advise and interact with management and acts as their primary Data Privacy point of contact.
- Support in Data Privacy trainings, adopt them to local requirements and roll-out trainings.
- Identify and assess the impact to Data Privacy of relevant trends, laws and regulations.
- Maintain and improve on-going internal monitoring and auditing capabilities for Data Privacy and cyber security matters.
- Support improving the Data Privacy frameworks and adopt it to locally needed requirements.
- Cooperate with local IT .
- Support our business to ensure compliance with data protection regulations. You advise and review international projects for compliance with locally applicable data protection laws in various business units.
- In particular, a strong cooperation with local authorities, business partners, and the Our Company businesses in China is needed to comply with locally applicable law and to identify opportunities for international data transfer and exchange of data between the Our Company entities worldwide.
- The range of projects extends from medical research, e-commerce, connected products, marketing, HR and IT to the integration of business transactions (M&A).
- You design and examine the necessary contracts, data protection clarifications and consent in the area of data protection in the Chinese and international environment in cooperation with the Global DPO. You report to the Group Data Privacy Officer in Germany, correspond with the Local Data Privacy Officers in China and work together with a global network.
- As a member of a cross-functional organization within our company group, you have a broad insight into the business units and functions and shape new, exciting developments at a very early stage.
- You enable the company to maximize its use of information without setting the reputation on risk to implement and maintain compliant IT systems.
Who you are:
- Master’s degree in law or equivalent.
- 2-3 yrs. real practice in Data Privacy function, in a larger enterprise, international experience preferred.
- Knowledge Chinese Cyber Security Law with close tracking of legislation process.
- Good understanding of EU GDPR.
- Data Privacy and Cyber Security knowledge – judicial studies appreciated but not must-have; comprehensive experience in data protection and cyber security law (Chinese law and regulations, if possible understanding of European and other Asian concepts and regulations of data privacy).
- Industry experience and in-depth knowledge of relevant processes – thorough understanding of the business and changing business models
- Strong affinity for technical questions of information technology and the willingness and ability to constantly follow technical trends, in particular, in digitization
- Technical knowledge of data transfer process, outsourcing, technology regulations.
- Good communication capabilities in a cross-cultural environment, including the ability to adopt Our Company standards and expectations as outlined in the relevant policies, guidelines, and codes to local needs.
- Strong communication capabilities in Chinese and English.
- Ability to work in a cross cultural-environment with high Chinese influence.
- High level of personal integrity and flexibility. Analytical thinking and results-oriented.
- Certification as data protection officer, e.g., CIPP, is a plus, but can also be done on the job. Our Company provides IAPP corporate membership and trainings.
Functional Area: Legal
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com