A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Discovery Pharmacology is at the center of providing in vitro pharmacological data package to support projects related to our Immuno-oncology, Immunology and Oncology Translational Innovation Platforms. We support the advancement of both small molecules and biologics with best properties for the benefit of our patients by integration of modern screening technologies, laboratory automation and efficient compound handling.
The selected candidate will provide scientific leadership and technical expertise to design, develop and execute cellular assays as well as analyze data for discovery projects. The successful candidate will also serve as key member for concept generation and project representation or project leadership. The incumbent includes ability to work with and across teams in a matrix organization and make clear decision in fast-paced environment.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 plus years of experience, master’s degree with 3 plus years, or PhD experience required
- PhD degree in Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Biology or related scientific field with 5 years of pharmaceutical/biotech/postdoctoral experience
- Hand on experience and detailed knowledge in cell-based assays using recombinant cell lines and primary cells as well as data analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in understanding principles of pharmacology and driving early stage projects including target identification, hit identification/optimization and lead optimization
- Ability to design and implement critical experiments for key decision making; good understanding of phenotypic screening and target deconvolution
- Keep up to date in discovery technologies and solid track of publications
- Excellent leadership and mentorship skills
- Experience in cellular immunology is strongly preferred
- Experience in using automation systems for assay development and implement is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative, matrix environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.