A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Provide vision and leadership to the packaging operation to support corporate objectives. Ensure department operates in full compliance with all safety, health, environmental, employment, and quality regulations and policies. Establish performance standards, monitor employees’ performance against those standards, and appropriately communicate evaluations of performance to employees. Also, act as a positive change agent as the department grows and drive employee engagement.
- Total number of employees supervised (in organization): 130 employees across 3 shifts
- Number of locations responsible for: 1 location (may have multiple areas in a location)
- Total operating/department budget: $7 Million
- Total capital expenditures: $1MM annually
- Responsible for the packaging of over 25,000 different chemical materials. These products represent $250MM of sales revenue
Who Your Are:
- BS or BA Degree required. Chemistry or Chemical Engineering Preferred
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of hazardous material regulations helpful
- Strong ability to manage, motivate, and develop employees and demonstrated experience effectively addressing employee issues and performance
- Ability to track initiatives and drive results overall
- Broad knowledge of customer order management cycle and material movement processes
- Act as a change agent as the department grows and drive employee engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of packaging operations Knowledge and Skills:
Works near moving mechanical parts. Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold.
If performing office duties: Employee is required to sit, stand, hear, and use hands to operate all office equipment. Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time. Vision requirements are close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employee occasionally will be required to lift, generally no more than 25 pounds.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.