A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is integral in ensuring the safety of the food supply by developing and manufacturing innovative food safety solutions, including rapid microbiology test kits and hygiene monitoring systems. We are seeking a Senior Development Scientist (Expert Level 2) for our BioMonitoring R&D Team in Bellevue, WA, with expertise in Molecular Biology, to lead development projects to extend our food pathogen diagnostics portfolio. As a member of a global cross-functional team, and matrix organization, the successful candidate will technically lead and co-ordinate innovation and development projects that are in line with BioMonitoring strategy, communicating with local and global business functions.
25% travel within and outside of US.
Who You Are:
- PhD in Molecular Biology with 2+ years of Life Sciences or Biotechnology experience OR MS degree with 4+ years of Life Sciences or Biotechnology experience
- 3+ years of experience working in Molecular genetics including performing multiplex PCR & qPCR primer and probe design, troubleshooting, optimization; restriction digest, cloning.
- 2+ years of experience working independently on multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Epigenetics: Bisulfite sequencing and PCR, ATAC-Seq and ChIP-Seq a plus
- Genomics: Traditional short-read NGS library preparation
- Data analysis: Sanger, short-read, long-read, bisulfite sequencing
- Experience performing statistical analysis and interpretation of data preferred
- Demonstrates ability to execute well-designed, decision-making experiments to positively impact project goals
- Independently writes technical reports and technical presentations within area of expertise
- Collaborates with cross-functional subject matter experts, project teams, and a variety of external business partners and network of consultants to advance projects
- Expertise in food microbiology, diagnostics, and Biohazard Level II environment
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, and ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team enironment.
- Strong critical thinking and independent problem-solving skills as evidenced by publication record and/or upward trend in work responsibilities
- Track record of positive impact on project goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a diverse team environment
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment, including rapid changes in priorities and hard deadlines, necessary.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.