A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Learning and Development team develops, curates and delivers impactful selling skills and technical training programs to support the learning journey of commercial teams globally while ensuring continuous alignment with the commercial goals and objectives to drive revenue growth. In addition, the team is focused on developing alternative training offerings via multiple modes and platforms based on industry “best practices” and the changing needs of the commercial organization. This role will be dynamic and fast-paced and will require working cross-functionally with multiple global teams. This role is responsible for developing and curating sales focused technical training content and curricula utilizing multiple modes of delivery, as well as implementing training initiatives through successful planning, communication and execution.
- Works directly with functional leaders to analyze business needs, determine required sales force competencies, and identify gaps between ideal and actual capabilities and performance.
- Develops strong consultative working relationships with sales team leaders and managers
- Designs and implements role specific content and curricula incorporating selling skills within technical learning and development programs. Technical topics include customer segments, workflows, applications, portfolio positioning and consultative selling strategies.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts across all functions to design, build and deliver content for e-learning, virtual webinars, podcasts and classroom learning programs aligned with the commercial organization’s defined strategies
- Leverages analytics to create a standardized and quantitative process that delivers metrics evaluating the effectiveness of training initiatives including ROI.
- Develops overall reinforcement programs utilizing digital tools.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in the Sciences (Biotech or related field).
- 5+ years’ experience developing and deploying technical training programs.
- 5+ years in Life Science and/or Applied industries, with strong knowledge of customer segments, workflows, key techniques and applications.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), facilitation, presentation, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills and ability to gain consensus across diverse stakeholders with proven ability to work in team environment; includes ability to work with geographically remote teams and stakeholders.
- Proven experience and success in the design, development and delivery of instructional materials. Ability to clearly demonstrate scientific principles and techniques in a learning environment. Strong knowledge of Life Science applications and techniques.
- Experience implementing strategic learning solutions in a complex go-to-market strategy in a matrixed environment.
- Strong knowledge of learning industry trends and best practices, including adult learning theories and training development models.
- Proficiency with utilization of multiple digital tools for training deployment, implementation of digital tools and platforms (including mobile apps and/or web tools), with a strong awareness of digital trends, usages and best customer experiences.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (30% travel requirement).
- Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Hands-on laboratory research experience in Chemistry preferred (Analytical or Biochem).
- Experience in demonstrated best practice sales skills is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a CRM (SFDC preferred), Microsoft Office 365 applications, and software for video editing (Camtasia, Articulate).
- Effective in multicultural environment bridging the language barrier to ensure excellence in knowledge sharing.
- Fluent in English required, and another European language would be preferred (French, German).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.