A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You will be a part of the Global Hosting Operations Team which focuses on providing a dynamic and stable platform for the company’s various scientific goals. Our group is responsible for cloud / Unix&Linux / Storage&Backup operations that provide a highly available and secure infrastructure for a multitude of workloads. You will work closely with various teams to ensure efficient operation of daily activities, drive continuous improvement efforts of products and processes and provide guidance on cloud best practices to internal customers and external vendors. In this role you will also participate in exciting projects and take responsibility in reviewing and evaluating new products, features and services. Technologies include but are not limited to: Tencent, GCP, AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform & Ansible.
Who you are:
You are self-motivated, always curious, and focused to deliver technology solutions and excellent customer experiences. Your depth of knowledge across multiple Cloud IaaS & PaaS disciplines allows you to enjoy a fast paced and innovate environment that supports agile technologies and business functions that are distributed globally.
- 4+ Years’ experience with designing, building & managing complex, scalable and high-performance cloud environments, preferably by leveraging automated deployment tools and scripts
- 2 to 3 Years’ experience with services and offerings from Chinese Cloud Providers (Tencent & Alibaba)
- You have some years of experience and a good understanding of networking technologies (Load balancers, VPN, Proxies)
- Hands on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins and other container & CI/CD technologies
- Advanced English Skill to effectively communicate in a global team (oral & written)
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with technical and business teams
- Basic or Advanced experience with other Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP & Azure)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills (both oral & written)
- You have some years’ experience in a Linux OS administration or a development role
- You have experience in one or more scripting & configuration languages, e.g. Lambda, Python, bash, perl, Ansible, Terraform
- You have a good grasp of fundamental security concepts with hands on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com