A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The intern will perform a wide variety of routine tasks to support M Lab operations. Responsibilities include performing laboratory housekeeping, general equipment maintenance and shipment, stock control and supporting Engineers in project execution.
The role would primarily focus on laboratory-based activity or desk bound operational excellence related work. You will be exposed to interaction with multitude of stake holders, i.e., vendors, Process Engineer, Facility Engineering, Field Service Engineer, Support Services, etc. to build working relationships. The intern may be assigned project related to Bioprocessing (related to biopharmaceutical manufacturing), filtration, chromatography or aseptic technology.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or bioengineering or Biological Sciences
- Demonstrable understanding about process engineering, cell culture and molecular biology.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Computer literacy
- Ability to complete documentation (both handwritten and electronic) neatly and accurately.
- Adheres to health and safety procedures and actively takes necessary action when encountering unsafe situations
- Technical and problem-solving skills
- Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Energy and Drive
- Enjoys working hard; is action-orientated and full of energy for the things he/she sees challenging
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and the need to finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Can be counted on to exceed goals, constantly and consistently, pushes self and others for results
- Personal and interpersonal skills
- Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact
- Is seen as a team player, cooperative, easily gains support of peers, encourages collaboration
- Ability to work overtime or flexible from time to time to cover lab requirements
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com