A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma Bellevue designs and manufactures proprietary testing platforms for the detection of foodborne pathogens. With multiple custom production machines and a BioSafety Level 2 rated lab on site, Safety is one of our pillars required to achieve operational excellence.
As the Head of EHS/Facilities/Process Excellence, you will be responsible for implementing Corporate Safety Programs, conducting initial and refresher training sessions on Safety content, maintaining Safety metrics in MilliporeSigma’s Safety Management software, performing root cause analysis of accidents and near misses, managing the site’s response to correct found deficiencies, and overseeing the site’s technology transfer from R&D to Manufacturing as well as process improvement activities.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in the Environmental Health and Safety field, such as Occupational Safety & Health Management, Industrial Hygiene, or Safety Management or similar discipline
- 3+ years’ experience Managing Occupational Safety and Health topics in both lab and manufacturing spaces
- 3+ years’ experience creating, maintaining, and performing training materials
- 3+ years’ experience with process improvement activities in a manufacturing and/or lab environment
- Production and laboratory experience
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability create clear, concise written procedures and training materials
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accountability
- Effective timeliness, follow-up and follow-through
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.