A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Process Development Scientist (Shanghai)
This position reporting into the Manufacturing Sciences And Technology (MSAT) comprised of a team of engineers and scientists dedicated to supporting our technologies in the biopharmaceutical industry in China.
The group is responsible for proactively pursuing and performing process development and purification of pharmaceutical and biotechnology process. The group is involved in the selection, sizing, optimization and design of purification unit operations.
The MSAT group works with the following our technologies: cell culture ,clarification, chromatography ,virus removal, TFF, and sterile filtration. The candidate will be recognized by our customers and within our organization as a subject matter expert and a key technical resource, competent in all aspects of pharmaceutical and biotechnology processes. The candidate will work closely with sales and marketing to promote our thought leadership in different market segment (such as Mab, vaccine, Novel therapy etc.) and achieve the success of PS business.
- Support process and application development activities for filtration processes in biopharmaceutical purification process.
- Provide scientific client support on planning, implementation, data analysis and discussion with client.
- Present results and reports to biopharmaceutical companies; Derive relevant conclusion and recommendations for future course of action.
- Able to carry out reviews/audits to examine process sequence, operation protocol, design parameters; Troubleshoot field application related issues.
- Coordinate project related activities and communicate project status and updates to all relevant parties on critical projects.
- Cooperate closely with Sales team and Marketing.
- Conduct in-house/on-site training seminars for biopharmaceutical companies on different subjects.
Who You Are
- Education background should be Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related disciplines.
- Master must have more than one years’ practical experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology related field
- Relevant biopharma industrial experience and expertise in cell culture, separation and purification technologies is preferred
- Experience includes process characterization, DoE design, technical transfers, statistical design and quality analysis is preferred.
- Ability to define project goals and provide practical, effective solutions to separation challenges.
- Able to set priorities and assume ownership of critical projects development activities until completion.
- Possess excellent data analysis and organizational skills.
- Good presentation skills, computer skills and communication skills.
- Good command of English, both oral and written
- High energy, teamwork, self-motivated.
- Ability to travel up to 30-50% of time to customers (occasional global travel expected), Mainland travel permit for Taiwan residents or Taiwan resident certificate is preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com