A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role will support the Neurology & Immunology communications team in the development and tactical execution of therapeutic area and internal communications activities.
Internally: Corporate Communications/Meetings & Events team, Therapeutic Areas (with a focus on Neurology/Immunology), Human Resources, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Business Technology, Business Excellence, Facilities, Global Communications Partners (Biopharma; Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany), and US Communications Business Partners (MilliporeSigma and EMD Performance Materials)
Externally: Public relations agencies and misc. vendors
- Support therapeutic area communications activities, with a focus on Neurology & Immunology
- Support disease-awareness programming for Rebif and MAVENCLAD
- Lead content development, support execution and maintenance for therapeutic area-specific social media
- Support N&I internal communications initiatives through content development and management of internal channels
- Drive employee engagement through internal events/activations and charity walks/races/rides
- Manage platforms and systems for internal communications and compliance review
- Support global communications programming
Who you are:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in either a corporate communications position, PR agency, biotech or pharmaceutical, academic institution, respected healthcare organization, or related position.
- Knowledge of internal, external and digital communications strategies and tactics.
- Experience managing vendors and contractors.
- Sound budget management skills.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to apply effective communication techniques, engage in focused dialogue, demonstrate good listening skills and to present to small and large groups at all levels of the organization and deal with unexpected questions and challenges while presenting.
- High degree of professional versatility and hands-on capability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intelligence and ability to understand and deal with a broad range of functional areas.
- Strong aptitude for dealing with scientific issues.
- High energy level: ability to meet challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive.
- Action oriented - motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment.
- Persistent, “can-do” attitude.
- Creative – able to formulate and execute new approaches to communications problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. –Strong Liberal Arts Background preferred
- Flexibility of work schedule, including occasional travel and some weekend responsibilities
- Up to 20% domestic or international travel (dependent on business need)
- Travel between Billerica and Rockland locations required
- Must be able to pull or lift up to 30 pounds
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.