A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Application Scientist to join our team in Tullagreen in County Cork, Ireland. This role will develop new products and applications aligned with current business strategy to address needs of researchers within life science markets. You will work closely with manufacturing to ensure that any changes to products don’t impact product applications and identify and gain expertise in new applications for our existing products.
- Leverage specialised knowledge and analytical skills to solve complex problems.
- Plan experiments and write protocols.
- Report activities & results.
- Present technical seminars at conferences, workshops, customer sites and webinars.
- Support adoption of new products in the marketplace by generating applications data & working closely with customers and commercial organization.
- Engage with engineering, marketing personnel and other scientists, as well as with external collaborators and customers.
- Participate in strategic planning to identify new areas for future development in life science.
- Ensure coordination with project managers, technical lead and management through good communication.
- Provide technical leadership on cross-functional teams supporting the product development process.
Who you are:
- You will have an M.S. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience at the industrial level is required
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or closely related bioscience field preferred
- Hands on experience across a range of life science applications – skills in the areas of protein chemistry, molecular biology and cell biology desirable
- Highly organized; self-starter able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; adapt well to change and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Innovative problem solver with creative thinking skills for overcoming difficult experimental challenges
- Ability to work equally well on a multidisciplinary team or independently
- Excellent experimental planning and data interpretation skills
- Experience with hepatocyte culture, organotypic culture and cell-based assays is a plus
- Experience defining customer needs and developing new products a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com