A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking an experienced Content Manager to help grow our expanding web content solution capabilities in support of a wide variation of stakeholders. You will manage an editorial team responsible for developing and maintaining global and locale-specific content for our life science ecommerce platforms: sigmaaldrich.com, emdmillipore.com.
- Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing within the eBusiness organization, you will work cross functionally with UX/UI, web design, data science, digital customer acquisition, conversion and analytics teams as well as numerous business stakeholders.
- Responsibilities will include content strategy (customer-centric, data-driven) in support of the business objectives on current and future web sites, with an emphasis on workflow optimization. Identification of opportunities and supporting analyses are key deliverables. Role requires activities as the key stakeholder for the corporate content management system (CMS).
- Being a change agent in a dynamic, fast moving, digital initiative while still maintaining current operations
Who You Are:
- Ideal candidate will have a technical web publishing background with expertise in the English language, page composition, marketing best practices (including SEO, Social Media, and other online distribution strategies), web analytics, and the ability to organize scientific content.
- Key personal attributes: the ability to (1) interact with technical leaders within an IT-centric content management environment, (2) manage expectations of (and interaction with) various levels of non-technical stakeholders and (3) take complex concepts and present them in an easy to understand manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Business, Journalism or other related field
- 2+ years managing a team
- 8+ years in a digital marketing role managing stakeholder expectations
- 5+ years (CMS) content management experience in a large corporate enterprise including familiarity with information architecture, web asset management and multimedia experiences
- Proficiency in digital best practices, website analytics and performance tools
- Project management experience
- Experience managing a content strategy
- Science degree or life science content experience a major plus
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English
- Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas for new content
- Adobe AEM a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Working knowledge of SEO and content best practices
- Google Analytics, or other web analytics tool
- Dashboarding experience (DataStudio, Tableau, etc)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.