A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manufacturing Operators are required to perform operational activities to manufacture product according to cGMP's and site Standard Operating Procedures.
This position will require the operator to work with bovine serum to produce finished goods utilizing processing tanks and agitators. Chromatography and heating/cooling units in controlled environments that will include cold room processing.
In addition, the operator will load/unload and operate freeze dryers, follow written work instructions in batch records, follow standard operating procedures and other work related procedures. There will be times when you will setup and operate filtration and ultrafiltration processes utilizing pumps, depth filter media, sub-micron cartridges, molecular filters.
Other miscellaneous duties will include cleaning and sanitization, assisting in training as needed, batch ion exchange processing.
Compliance with all MilliporeSigma personnel and safety policies required. As well as compliance with current provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Transportation of pallets of raw materials from material staging areas using pallet movers and lifts.
- Use of designated or appropriately modified safety and manufacturing apparel to meet safety and compliance requirements. This includes, but is not limited to non-sterile and sterile jumpsuits, sterile masks, sterile goggles, hairnets, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, shoe coverings, gloves, respirators, etc.
- Lifting 50lb bags of dry chemical ingredients as frequently as 25 times in an 8-12 hour period
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6+ months of general work experience
- Aptitude to operate the company computer systems including equipment specific PLC's and HMI's.
- Mathematical skills that allow for reliable calculations include in batch documentation.
- Basic understanding of cGMP's and ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 quality systems.
- Sufficient visual acuity and color differentiation to effectively interact with operator work stations.
- 6+ months of machine operator experience in a manufacturing environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.