A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We have several exciting opportunities to assess growth opportunities that will transform the way new medicines are discovered, developed, and manufactured, while creating impactful and sustainable financial impact in Life Science. This role will be part of the Life Science Global Strategy team in Burlington, MA.
- Applying a “Venture Capital mindset” to quickly understand market potential, competitive dynamics, key opportunities, and road blocks
- Consulting with leading in-house or external experts, attending conferences, and conversing with appropriate companies (with guidance from Life Science BD team, and within budget)
- Understanding what it takes to win, and assessing fit against our capabilities (and how to leverage existing businesses)
- Developing business ideas, with clarity on proposed offerings, business model, and potential fatal flaws
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in business, life science or engineering, ideally with MBA and/or post-graduate degree(s)
- Track record of strategic thinking, translating strategy into actionable plans, and execution
- Ability to mobilize a broad range of stakeholders (both internal and external) and forge alliances/partnerships
- Sharp scientific thinking and agility to go deep across a broad array of disciplines and technology areas
- Deep understanding of the drug discovery, development, and manufacturing process, associated issues, and root causes
- Keen business acumen
- Aspiration to challenge the status quo, address unmet medical needs and change the world!
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.