A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In this position you will be the lead on all Commercial Skills & Knowledge training and implementation in the APAC region, working in the Commercial Skills section of the Customer Education and Employee Education (CE&EE) team within the Technology Management group in Process Solutions. You will be joining a small team of Training Consultants focused on EMEA and the Americas.
The planning, management and delivery of all Commercial Skills training and implementation support in the APAC region inclusive of:
- The assessment of commercial skills and knowledge competencies in the APAC teams (China, Japan, Korea, South East Asia and India).
- The pre- and post-course administration, working with the sales, service and support department heads to ensure efficient and effective administration of training programs.
- Delivery of tailored training programs in accordance with organizational requirements from an agreed cohort of training programs developed in an established commercial skills program.
- Co-design and develop further competence training courses and interventions in association with the CE&EE team and regional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Support the sales leadership in implementing the training programs through a field coaching program, indirect e-learning, for example, Q-Stream sales training reinforcement, internal My Learning modules, webinars and attendance at regional sales team events.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); Reaction/Satisfaction with the training from participants, Learning of the content, Implementation, Impact on business results in association with the APAC Leadership Team (LT) and Return on Investment (ROI).
The identification & analysis of commercial training needs in alignment with the Process Solution APAC strategy:
- Contributing to the overall Employee Education strategy in the region.
- Monitoring of internal sales performance and external market trends affecting the region.
- Developing specific training courses / interventions to respond to sales, service and support department heads’ commercial skills development needs.
- Ensuring training records are collated and kept up to date and monitoring trends in learning with individuals and teams.
- Sourcing of specific training materials internally and / or externally.
- Consulting with commercial management on Individual Development Plans (IDPs) and advising on all matters learning and development. The role is predominantly focused on the development of commercial skills. Other soft skill development is part of this role
- Promoting all customer and employee education programs (technology and application) within the region.
- Collating a library of support materials, articles, tools, reports, etc…, to respond to sales team requests for advice / information.
- Keeping up to date with developments in Sales Performance consulting.
Who Are You?
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in a training and development role.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in a commercial and / or consultancy role.
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership role.
- Fluent conversational and written English and preferably a second language; Chinese Mandarin would be an advantage as to focus mainly in the Chinese Market.
- Organized, multi-tasking, open-minded, flexible in a changing environment and able to adjust accordingly.
- Excellent Presentation skills and the ability to motivate learners.
- Training and coaching skills and the ability to give objective feedback.
- Promote good relationships within teams, ensuring 2-way communication and teamwork.
- Enjoy working in an international team with a wide variety of cultures and technical / commercial disciplines.
- Ability to consult at a senior level.
- Attention to detail.
- Emotional intelligence; empathy, self-awareness and self-regulation, motivation and social skills.
- Passionate about training and development.
- Determined to progress the skills and knowledge of all commercial personnel in the region.
- Computer literacy in MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of sales processes and sales process approaches, for example: Miller Heiman AMAP, Consultative Selling, Huthwaite SPIN selling, Mercuri DAPA, Corporate Visions’ Power Messaging, Professional Selling Skills, etc…, are considered an advantage.
The Customer Education & Employee Education team are focused on building a team of internal regional Training Consultants to deliver a program of courses from Foundation Selling Skills, Value-based selling, Negotiation, Account Management and C-Level Selling.
This position is a creative, enjoyable role with long term opportunities to develop your training, consultancy and leadership skills in a positive and dynamic environment within a supportive team. If you have the right personality, experience and attitude for the role, you have a rewarding future ahead of you.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com