A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who We Are:
We're a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Our Global Service Desk is part of IT Infrastructure operations, providing 1st Level IT Support to German speaking colleagues, satisfying their IT needs in line with agreed Service Levels to ensure constant high-level satisfaction.
As a Service Desk Team Lead, you will work with a Senior IT Manager and will play a key role in building the team and establishing the new 1st Level support organization. You will drive the recruitment process and form, train and onboard the future team.
After establishment of the team you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the German Service Desk team (~15 people). In this role you will be responsible for scheduling shifts and managing adherence to ensure delivery of internal KPIs.
- Drive the recruitment processes and onboard, train coach the team members
- Scheduling shifts and managing adherence
- Act as focal point representing the German Service Desk organization and be the first point for escalations
- Create and manage regular reports to drive and monitor the performance of the team
- Create ad-hoc reports as required
- Perform quality assurance activities (ticket & call quality)
- Identify areas of improvements and work towards it
- Participate in regular Service Review Meetings
- Foster a good exchange & relationship with the other IT organizations
- Implement & adhere to global policies & procedures
Who you are:
- Experienced in managing a 1st Level support organization / Service Desk Team
- Fluent in German & English
- Proficient in using MS Office & ITSM tools
- Knowledge on Windows/Networking/General IT
- ITIL Foundation/Intermediate/Expert, PMP / PRINCE 2, Service Delivery qualification and any Microsoft Certificate is an advantage
- Good technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent in written and verbal communication in German & English
- Skilled in training, mentoring & coaching people
- Qualification: BSC or MSC in computer science or equivalent is an advantage
- Experience: Work experience at least 2 years as a Service Desk Lead
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & compensation package
- Annual bonus
- Training & learning opportunities
- Vibrant, people-focused company culture
- Easy to access location and a modern working environment
- Contribute to the success of a newly built organization
- Development possibility
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com