A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This Network Operations Manager will direct a dedicated team of NOC Engineers in the dedicated support of the enterprises distributed network. This includes managing all aspects of the Merck Network Operations Center such as management of connectivity, network performance, maintaining network software configurations, managing the distribution of patches and software releases, network and system trouble shooting, monitoring tools, alarm conditions as well as escalation processes and procedures, leading and defining the process of troubleshooting and participating in change management and root cause analysis and interfacing with field operations, engineering team, equipment vendors, and network service providers. This network operations manager is responsible for recruiting the technical staff and has to ensure that the team works in compliance with the company’s policy and procedures, managing the day-to-day activities of the network operations center team
- 7+ years’ experience in the IT field with an understanding of computers and computer networks
- Bachelor’s degree or IT / Network Related Certifications preferred
- 1-3 years’ or more supervisory experience preferred
- Hands on and results-driven candidate with a willingness to learn who is seeking a deeper knowledge and understanding of computer networking
- Knowledge of enterprise wireless network technologies and Knowledge of LAN architectures and concepts
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and growing environment, while using sound judgment to resolve complex issues and challenges.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically and Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Natural team player, with the ability to understand business needs and interact cross-functionally
- Strong communicator
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills
- Comfortable initiating change. Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
- Ability to travel domestically 10% and Internationally up to 10%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com