A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join our company as Commercial Marketing Specialist for our Life Science Research & Applied Solutions business. In this role, you provide Commercial Marketing Support to sales teams across Africa in areas including but not limited to eMarketing, Branding, Marketing Communication (Marcom) collateral, CRM marketing aspects, marketing events, Third-Party product marketing, and other relevant commercial marketing topics under our Research and Applied solutions business. Responsible for coordinating Field Marketing resources and enhancing use of digital tools to elevate the impact of Field Marketing on our Research and Applied portfolio capabilities and competitiveness in Africa. Use digital savviness and expertise to add value to promoting Merck’s Life Science R&A products and their positioning in the market. In addition, you typically working in matrix with skilled experts and subject-matter professionals and expected to supervise and coordinate special in-field marketing projects (on topics of medium complexity).
Who you are:
- Exceptional skills with digital and online resources – e.g. Commercial business applications, basic algorithm setting, ERP/CRM, Big Data Analytics logic, cross-Application interface communication formats.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to interact with diverse stakeholders in matrix organisation
- Life Science or Chemicals industry knowledge preferred with exposure to the commercial sales and marketing environment being an advantage
- Tertiary qualification in life science (or equivalent) with a certification in / familiarity with digital marketing or user-language programming software is desired
- Experience in digital marketing/product management preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com