A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As General Ledger Accountant in a global Shared Service Center, you support providing internal customers with high quality, accurate, and timely financial data and reports to enable informed business decisions. Moreover, you support accounting processes, post to the general ledger, handle payroll and benefits, maintain master data, maintain and reconcile multiple balance sheet accounts, prepare financial statements for the regional subsidiaries of the Merck Group and perform less complex financial analysis tasks. In addition, you provide support during audit or pre-audit tasks, compliance activities and other related accounting duties as assigned by management.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Degree in business administration related, BS in Accountancy preferred
- Work experience in accounting/finance with full-cycle General Ledger Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Payroll & HR Benefit accounting
- Experience within a Shared Services Center preferred
- Experience with SAP, Oracle or other ERP system preferred (Local Legacy system, e.g. Scala, Mapics, BPCS, Macola)
- Fluent English language and communication skills required
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and Excel skills required
- Willing to be based in BGC, Taguig, Metro Manila
- Willing to work on rotating shifts
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life.
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com