The Application Expert for Service Now is responsible for managing end-to-end the IT Service applications in or Service Now Platforms COE with focus in our any or all of the above mentioned application area. This includes participation in planning activities with the business, preparation, tracking and execution of projects/change requests, hands-on configuration and enhancements and the supervision and monitoring of the support and complex development activities with our internal resources and external partners. Good skills in collaboration and open communication with members of business as well as technical teams are from importance to achieve best solutions.
In this role we see a strong focus on understanding of the ServiceNow platform and customer service business processes, the alignment and consulting of the business during projects and change requests, quality control of deliverables from internal resources / external partners and the transition of new solutions to the application support teams. Strong passion to work and contribute in a highly collaborative environment and under the guidance of senior experts is required for this position.
Service Now system is a complex development platform heavily used in Merck by many functions. Beside out-of-the box ServiceNow, there are applications developed in the platform and interfaces to other systems in Merck. The integration of all those components and the participation in architecture design decisions is also part of this position.
Who you are
- University degree
- 4-6 years’ experience, including a min. of 2-3 years of ServiceNow or HPSM consulting
- Familiarity with the customer service processes with focus on corporate function services
- A strong background and experience in the ITIL world
- Ability to configure/review system configuration in SNOW and to prepare functional requirement specifications.
- Good understanding of SNOW development principles and ability to read AJAX/GILDE code.
- Excellent English written & communication skills.
- Working experience with Germany based organization is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of German language is an advantage for this position.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and act autonomously and successfully implement projects.
- Proven and demonstrable experience a highly collaborative environment and passion for team work is a must.
- A ServiceNow System Administrator Certification is a strong plus