A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting new opportunity is available for you to join MilliporeSigma as a Senior Scientist within our Genome Engineering R&D group. You will conduct genome editing R&D to support the development of new technologies, generation of intellectual property, and product development. You will collaborate with a wide variety of colleagues in R&D, business development, project management, manufacturing, communications, marketing, and sales. While this current role is scientifically focused, Merck KGaA is a diverse and global company which offers a wide variety of alternate paths for your long-term career development.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Microbiology, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering or other related Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience in a biotech environment or a Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Microbiology, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering or other related Science discipline
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Microbiology, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering with 2+ years of experience in biotech environment.
- Skills in recombinant DNA, mammalian cell culture, genome editing in eukaryotes, NextGen sequencing
- Ability to speak/present posters at scientific conferences
- Ability to communicate technical information to team members with diverse technical backgrounds
- The ability to work independently
- Creative and problem-solving skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.