A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who we are:
The Technology Management (TM) group is part of our Company Life Science Business and provides high quality scientific and technical support our customers developing or manufacturing biopharmaceuticals. This scientist/engineer role will be part of a TM team mainly covering Singapore and Southeast Asia (SEA). This is a rewarding role for an experienced and confident scientist/engineer with an interest in applied, commercial pharma process development and manufacturing.
- Scientific client support role, planning, executing and documenting experimental projects at client sites
- Supporting client process development teams with screening and optimizing bioprocess technologies such as normal flow filtration (clarification, sterile and virus removal), tangential flow filtration and chromatography, typically in pre-clinical to clinical phase II development projects
- Involve in selection and sizing, process optimization, technology transfer, process validation and troubleshooting activities associate with downstream purification of biopharmaceutical.
- Perform data analysis and provide recommendation for optimized process conditions, scale-up and troubleshooting and provide report and presentation of work in timely fashion.
- Develop long term relationships with clients through collaboration with the support of internal organization.
- Work in collaboration with the Sales team to prioritize project and provide support in business strategy.
- Deliver basic and standard training in core technologies as part of standard training course for client.
- Support testing of technologies in development at customer sites.
- Contribute as a team member to technical publications and industry conferences
Who you are:
- Minimum bachelor’s in chemical engineering/Bioscience with 2-3 years of relevant biopharma industrial experience and expertise in separation and purification
- Technical communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Confidence delivering oral presentations
- Highly motivated, self-direct and able to work independently.
- Ability to work home based and travel up to 30% of time to customers within Singapore and SEA (with occasional 20% global travel expected).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com