A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Head of DSP Operations, the Production Manager is responsible for manufacturing operations consisting of 150+ team members and a product portfolio of Aseptic and Virus pharmaceutical filtration devices. The Production Manager will build and sustain a strong manufacturing team through a balanced approach towards employee safety, product quality, and customer delivery performance. In addition, the Production Manager will drive operational excellence initiatives to achieve year over year standard cost improvements. The successful candidate will be a hands-on team player with high energy and work as a collaborative team member and leader to achieve operational safety, quality, and outout goals. This person must be highly self-motivated, have an intense customer focus and be able to satisfy both internal and external customer requirements.
Essential Job Funtions:
- Establish and maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work environment.
- Attracts, develops and retains “A” players through networking, training, coaching, developing, and assigning stretch goals.
- Drives the operation to achieve increased manufacturing capabilities that meet or exceed requirements for safety, quality, cost, and responsiveness.
- Acts as a mentor to staff and develops a “learning” organization.
- Accomplishes manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching/counseling team members, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Act as site leader and drive achievement of site vision and goals/objectives.
- Works with functional leaders to deploy best practices within the operation.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel to accomplish production goals; establishes priorities, monitors progress, revises schedules, resolves production problems and reports any changes in quality or throughput.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, facilitating corrections to malfunctions and initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Interact with other departments to obtain required support and foster an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Keeps management informed on any production issues that may impact production schedule.
- Ensures compliance with all EHS and quality regulations.
Who you are:
- BS degree in a scientific, technical, or management – Engineering a plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years of leadership/supervisory experience with a proven track record of successful performance.
- Experience with frequent visibility and interaction with senior level managers.
- Strong understanding of biotech and pharmaceutical customer expectations of Life Science suppliers a plus.
- Strong knowledge of QMS, ISO and cGMP.
- Experience in regulated industry (medical device, pharma, biotech) a plus.
- Black Belt or Green Belt a plus.
- PMP a plus.
- Proven strong leadership skills w/ ability to motivate, inspire, and build a high performing team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Ability to manage a complex and fast paced environment. Able to triage workload effectively to drive departmental focus.
- Requisite confidence and experience to drive effective, pragmatic and risk-based decisions.
- High intellectual horsepower with proven problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills. Good decision maker.
- Collaborative and likeable team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner.
- Experience with structured problem-solving techniques is desired.
- Strong presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to manage through influence in a matrixed environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.