A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are a Global Oncology Innovator with a rich and rapidly developing pipeline with registrational intent and phase I/II programs across multiple novel compounds which may yield robust data in high unmet need patient populations
The Oncology Global Market Access and Pricing is a diverse and dedicated team of leaders and experts, integral to the Oncology development and commercial organization in shaping and delivering innovation that matters most to patients living with cancer.
You will work closely with the Oncology global MAP Leads to support the creation, execution and refinement of Oncology Market Access & Pricing strategies. You will play a critical role in building strong capabilities to leverage external competitive payer/pricing Oncology landscape insights, and payer insights from our commercialized portfolio, and internal team and cross functional thinking. You also have the potential to contribute to our key price and reimbursement assumptions we make to support strategic decision making and business development to optimize our pipeline potential for long term success. This is a US based position.
- Support establishment of Global Market Access Oncology intelligence core capabilities within Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
- Working with asset MAP leads, define and maintain process to capture key country competitive and our Portfolio market access insights from external sources and internal country/region teams
- Partner with Market access excellence to establish KPIs/metrics with MAP asset leads for key strategic tumors/indications
- Support Oncology Global MAP leads in the development and refinement of Global MAP strategies and P&R assumptions/forecasts for in line and new launch assets
- Be “subject matter expert” to provide analysis /support research of price and reimbursement outcomes and payer trends across key countries
- Provide support in the development of price assumptions for all oncology business forecasts (e.g., pipeline, Strategy Development, Operative Planning) documenting the most current competitive environmental dynamics in the oncology market.
- Provide support in the development of strategic access plan within the oncology portfolio, in alignment with the MAP Franchises, regional and country teams
- Work in collaboration with Global MAP Center of Excellence and Pricing Ops to support operational pricing and access activities (including Management of launch sequence strategies).
Who You Are:
- The candidate will have a strong quantitative/analytical background.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build alignment and influence on cross-functional and cross-geographical stakeholders are required for this role to succeed.
- BA/BS required; a master’s degree in business, finance, policy or other advanced degree preferred
- Must have 2-3 years of experience preferably in a pharmaceutical manufacturer and/or in finance, pricing and reimbursement, or payer policy
- Able to interpret complex data from multiple sources and communicate, present and package key business implications in a simple, impactful and concise manner. Must be able to speak and write English well
- Able to work effectively in a matrix environment, especially over departmental and geographical boundaries
- Strong curiosity towards evolving market and pricing trends
- Deal comfortably with uncertainty, changing course when needed as dynamic Oncology Landscape and company strategy evolves
- Strong quantitative and computer skills in MS Powerpoint, Word, Excel required (some financial modeling)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.