A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As our Reference Materials Specialist within our Inside Sales Team, you will be responsible for developing the sales of the Reference Materials portfolio in the assigned territory to achieve quarterly and annual targets. To achieve this, you will perform a range of activities including building and maintaining relationships with existing and prospect customers in your assigned territory by telephone, through careful planning and proactive outbound telephone calls. You will also communicate with customers by email, attend exhibitions and occasional customer visits. Other activities are sending and following up on quotes, contracts & tenders, introducing new products to existing customer accounts, implementing campaigns driven by Marketing in the assigned territory. You would also actively research new sales opportunities across existing and new accounts, as well as developing and maintaining detailed customer / prospect records in our databases (i.e. SFDC), to ensure that the relevant mailing list and database are updated. This role requires teamwork across a range of internal colleagues and stakeholders, to ensure that all necessary resources are used, in order to close sales in favour of the company.
Who you are:
- Minimum BSc educated (chemistry, biology or related subject)
- Strong verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, with a second language of either Dutch or French
- Highly motivated by sales and self-directed
- Some scientific background is necessary to quickly acquire good knowledge of the Merck products and applications
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to develop selling skills in a competitive environment with training provided
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com