A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: This is a highly visible and strategic role in which you will be responsible for actively participating and representing MilliporeSigma Life Science in relevant North American Food Safety standardization bodies and industry associations. You will actively participate in regulatory bodies and industry working groups, support advocacy concept development in close collaboration with internal and external interfaces, expand food safety relationships to customers, and ensure efficient regulatory marketing support by selecting relevant internal and external resources and managing partnerships to regulatory bodies, key customers and content providers.
As a MilliporeSigma advocate and influencer, you will define the regulatory marketing strategy including regulatory based publications, lead associated service development projects as a subject matter expert (ie. AOAC collaborative studies and approvals), support new product compliance by acting as a consultant during innovation process, broaden workflow knowledge of Food Safety and provide guidance and input for targeted applications and study design, support training internally and externally including required content and materials, provide scientific writing and publications (webinar, app note, etc.), and accelerate market positioning by establishing and providing concept and content for regulatory marketing campaigns.
As part of surveillance and in alignment with internal interfaces, you will perform regulatory watch, monitor and report on changes of relevant regulatory and compliance environment with impact on Life Science business in testing area, analyze available regulatory and compliance information, identify key industry trends and anticipate, communicate, and mitigate (when possible) impact on our testing business, establish metrics to measure performance of target activities, and monitor competitor approach regarding regulatory requirements and product offerings.
Who You Are:
- BS with 8+ years’ experience or MS with 3+ years’ experience in Food Safety.
- Experience in Food Safety and familiar with the most important analytical methods and QA/QC workflows.
- Knowledgeable of food & beverage as well as drug regulations and regulatory landscape of other important country/regions (eg. EU).
- Direct experience with relevant Food Safety Policies/Guidance (USDA, FDA, CDC, EPA, AOAC, Health Canada, etc.).
- Ability to build strong interaction with internal locations.
- Ability to travel approximately >50% (Domestic & some international travel).
- MSc or PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering or relevant field.
- 10+ years of experience in Food Safety and familiar with the most important analytical methods and QA/QC workflows.
- Good understanding of Food Safety target markets, excellent understanding of applications used in markets and regulatory requirements.
- Good process understanding of internal & external customer needs.
- Strong sense of urgency, result oriented, excited to learn and develop new skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Public speaking and scientific writing skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.