A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the company has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in oncology, neurology, fertility, and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The TLL (Thought Leader Liaison) directly engages Key Opinion Leaders at MS Centers and academic institutions nationally. The TLL is a product (Rebif / Mavenclad) and company knowledge expert who develops business strategies to continue to build EMD Serono’s reputation and credibility in the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and neurology space. This role is responsible for building and executing long term account plans, improving customer satisfaction, developing Key Opinion Leader (KOL) relationships, and serving as the Product and Services expert in delivering superior customer service to MS Centers nationally.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the MS/Neurology medical community including MS Centers, teaching institutions and related physicians with a scientific approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions.
- Use data and themes to make decisions and develop strategy to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Take a leading role in developing and maintaining a synergistic and strategic approach with EMD Serono peers and teammates, including Marketing, Sales, Managed Markets and MSLL team to enhance customer connectivity and drive company and product loyalty as measured by achievement of OP and demand targets.
- Seek out, foster and cultivate the highest level of home office and regional relationships to determine and communicate additional market opportunities, as well as create and participate in programs necessary to effectively seize these opportunities (i.e., focus groups, field tests, etc).
- Develop a plan that includes clear objectives and key discussion points in all customer facing activities at major professional congresses such as AAN, CMSC, and ECTRIMS.
- Facilitate all aspect of managing the speaker bureau (Speaker contracting, selection and training).
- Understand and drive the TA strategic business focus for the future by staying abreast of industry trends and shifts in MS treatment approaches.
- Act as disease state and product expert to internal and field stakeholders to enable better understanding of the disease and treatment of the disease to help drive KOL engagement and loyalty.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree in business or science preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 or more years field sales, product marketing, or medical / clinical experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Experience in the MS, Neurology and specialty biologics markets highly desirable.
- Experience in institutional sales and/or large account selling a plus.
- Experience launching product(s), service(s) a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.