A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Provide professional service on a timely basis including installations, preventative maintenance, repairs and validation following defined procedures and respecting customer on-site rules and regulations. Response time for service can range from 24 hours on-site to up to 2 weeks. Service at customer sites of scientific instrumentation manufactured by MilliporeSigma including BioMonitoring-Biocontrol instruments. Service may be expanded to include Immunoassay instruments and Laboratory Water Purification Systems. Accurate and detailed completion of Work Orders and related documentation. Close Work Orders daily. Provide customers with appropriate documentation of work completed, including but not limited to Service Reports and Instrument Reports. Maintain timely, courteous, effective and professional communications between all customers, internal and external. Meet business expectations including response time, work order completion rates, and customer satisfaction survey results. Maintain physical consignment inventory in accordance with SOP (within suggestion value limits and maintain accuracy compared to actual and documented inventory). Maintain tools and test equipment in proper working order and calibration.
- The position requires up to 80% travel, travel often on short notice with overnight travel primarily in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico.
- Work can be outside of normal business hours as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required.
- Must possess a current passport or be eligible to obtain one.
- Position requires standing, bending, stooping, climbing, sitting and kneeling.
- 50-pound minimum lifting requirement, without assistance.
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 100lbs, with assistance.
Who You Are:
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related discipline with 1+ years field service experience.
- Trade School degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related discipline with 3+ years field service experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineer, Electronics or related discipline
- 1+ years Life Science/Pharma/Food & Beverage instrumentation experience.
- Proficient with electronic measuring equipment and basic tools.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customers and situations.
- Basic IT skills (i.e. ability to use computer for inter-equipment communications, uploading software from computer to the instruments, use of iPad and iPhone, etc.).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.