A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As Head of Global Engineering Projects, you will develop a global footprint strategy for the Process Solution Services (PSS) business together with the Head of Global Operations by translating business strategies into tangible, execution-ready strategic initiatives. As a change agent and leader for strategic engineering projects, you will drive the implementation of assigned strategic initiatives, assuring aggressive timelines, budgets and results are consistently achieved. In addition, you will support global capacity planning process, and provide strategic plans for capacity management within the different sites to ensure long-term fulfillment of customer demand for existing and novel services.
- Develop PSS global footprint strategy, contributing to the overall PSS strategy and ensure accordant implementation within the facility network.
- Build strong initiatives and execution plans for special projects (e.g., new facility) and drive execution.
- Proactively seek support from Operations, Quality, Planning, and Marketing/ Strategy heads to get the required expert input for initiatives and ensure alignment.
- Develop facility plans to support service launches and drive operations performance based on appropriate metrics.
- Ensure the application of the most innovative technologies within the facility network and prepare together with Head of Global Operational Excellence and Head of Digitization & Automation proposals for enhancement initiatives.
- Create and manage plans to implement strategic initiatives/ facility projects without disruption to ongoing operations/ customer service.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 7+ years leadership experience in Operations and/or Engineering and/or Strategy.
- Knowledge of Project Management and track record of successful project implementation.
- Knowledge of strategy and facility master planning and a track record of strategy planning and execution.
- Knowledge of a complex set of laboratory facility technologies, including the necessary regulatory environment, and be able to weigh the benefit of each for developing the future PSS facility network.
- Strong relationship building and negotiation strategies, ability to influence, network, drive and manage change.
- Understanding of key challenges related to planning and executing projects in different geographic locations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication and interpersonal skills and leading in matrix environments.
- MBA or advanced technical degree preferred
- Chartered engineer
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.