A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The candidate will be a critical resource using multiple Analytical tools and techniques for identifying and solving business problems and to develop standardized methodologies aimed at improving ROI.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Data Analyst / Scientist is responsible for working on various projects which in turn supports the company’s goals and strategy.
- Solving Business problems using multiple Analytical tools and techniques.
- Analyze reports to identify operational issues and determine root-cause.
- Hands on experience in building and implementing advanced statistical analysis, machine learning and data mining algorithms.
- Effectively communicate analysis results to business using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Implement and maintain business solutions and recommendations to improve performance.
- Work with our stakeholders to understand their priorities, questions, needs, and requests.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to support regional / Global business needs.
- Integrate tools and processes to enhance global and regional efficiency through training and communication.
- Ensure the accuracy of reports by enforcing processes, using regional knowledge, and data entry when required.
- Develops methods and strategies for assessing large amounts of data.
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage simultaneous data analysis requests from multiple sources.
- Generate ad hoc reporting and analysis for the Business and Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Statistics, BE, B.Tech. - Computers
- PGDM/MBA in Business Analytics from reputed institution is an added advantage.
- 3 to 6 years of functional experience required, preferably in industry and/or consulting analytics role.
- Programming – R, Python, SQL, PySpark
- Data Visualization – Tableau.
- Knowledge on Stats and Math.
- Additional requirement – Java script, CSS
In addition to analytical and quantitative skills, a successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Implement data-driven solutions based on advanced ML and optimization algorithms to address business problems.
- Partner with data engineering teams to build scalable, efficient, automated ML-based pipelines (training /evaluation /monitoring).
- Deploy, maintain, and debug ML/decision models in production environment.
- Analyze and assess data to ensure high data quality and correctness of downstream processes.
- Familiarity with theoretical aspects of common ML techniques (generalized linear models, ensembles, SVMs, clustering algorithms, graphical models, etc.), statistical tests/metrics, experiment design, and evaluation methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following: (a) Anomaly Detection, (b) Time Series Analysis, (c) Product Clustering, (d) Demand Forecasting, (e) Intertemporal Optimization.
- Good programming skills (fluent in R/Python/SQL) with experience of using common ML toolkits (e.g., sklearn, tensor flow, keras, nltk) to build models for real world problems.
- Should know how to build a framework to collect and then analyze the data.
- Understand and translate stakeholder’s business needs into analytical project design and data-driven insights.
- Lead communications with stakeholders to identify data sources and specify detailed data requests.
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Write, review, and present final reports to all levels of management, both technical and non-technical audiences to summarize analytic projects and make analytical recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional organization and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable adoption and encouragement of reports and intelligence.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and tackle the right questions that align with the business and maximize impact.
- Handling Unstructured Data.
- Infinitely curiosity and a passion to learn.
- Desire to help build a data-driven culture with an unwavering focus on precise communication
- Welcome and look forward to iterative feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty and ethics.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com