A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As Senior Counsel you are member of the legal team supporting the Global Business Development & Alliance Management (GBD). GBD includes Global Licensing & Business Development, Commercial & Regional Business Development as well as Alliance Management of the Healthcare Sector. You will be member of a team of specialized experts supporting projects of significant strategic relevance and impact in the Healthcare Legal department. You will, in particular, draft and negotiate term sheets and agreements for your clients, such as license, co-promotion, distribution and collaboration agreements; provide interpretation of and advice on existing business development contracts; conduct legal negotiations when contracts are renegotiated or amended or when disputes arise; conduct legal due diligence on transactions; provide legal and strategic business advice to your clients; proactively identify, prevent and manage legal risks; manage outside counsel, support Merck’s compliance initiatives; and represent the Legal Department on inter-departmental special project teams sponsored by senior leadership.
Who you are:
- You have a law degree with extensive professional experience (minimum of 8 years)
- You have worked at a large law firm or a multinational corporation; experience in pharmaceutical/healthcare sector is preferred, with particular expertise in IP / licensing transactions
- You possess strong negotiations skills and experience in transaction management
- You are a team player but take ownership of your projects and are able to work independently
- You are highly committed to your projects and feel comfortable working simultaneously on multiple priorities
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com