A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Performs preventive maintenance and repair work to buildings, vehicles and ground keeping equipment. Including, cutting grass, trims and treats weeds. Keeps the existing building landscaping maintained and plants new flowers to improve the site appearance. Does regular scheduled trips to local stores to pick up emergency parts for repairs or parts at the best cost. Paints building exterior and interior, and changes ceiling tiles. Maintains building interior lighting. Responsible for monitoring inventory levels and purchasing maintenance parts and route stock. Solicit price and delivery quotes from vendors. Creates and reviews purchasing requisitions and obtains approval for purchases. Maintains and updates department databases.
- Wearing appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- Work in industrial and outdoor weather conditions, walk long distances, lift heavy loads sometime with assist, stand for long periods and perform various physical tasks in various positions. Use hands and feet to operate equipment. Good all-around eyesight and specific vision capabilities.
- Ability to speak, hear and smell.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment, may lift more poundage with assistance.
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
2nd Shift: Monday – Friday
Who are you:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED required.
- 1+ years experience in related field.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.