A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manages the Discovery Chemistry & Services product line to deliver robust profit and sales of the franchise. Drives innovation through in-house R&D, external sourcing, and collaborations. Evaluates new technologies for development into products or services, decides whether to make or buy new products, prepares and coordinates product introductions and updates, and supports products throughout the entire product life cycle. Develops and implements marketing programs for a product line. Strategic and operative planning for the product line, including market positioning. Develops and implements pricing strategies to maximize profit and drive sales. Interfaces with customers, R&D, quality control, production, sales, and procurement
Who You Are:
- BS degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related discipline
- 3+ years of business and technical industry experience
- Experience with the product line or experience in product management, project management, marketing, or sales in the applicable field or a related field
- Experience in revenue forecasting, market analysis, and marketing/customer analysis
- PhD or MS degree in chemistry or BS degree in chemistry with MBA
- Knowledge in drug discovery and pharmaceutical industry
- Verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Understanding of principles and techniques used in chemistry
- Analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Multilingual is helpful
- Understanding of product positioning and promotion.
- Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.