A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Meet quarterly sales target assigned by management. Responsible for maintaining and growing the business relationships with assigned diagnostic manufacturing accounts in North America. Actively service multiple sites for each key account across North America through a comprehensive plan that includes leveraging inside sales, local account management, and customer support functions. Uncover and evaluate new opportunities for business by aligning customer goals and strategies with MilliporeSigma products, services and capabilities. Deliver on management objectives for key marketing initiatives and new product and technology introductions. Manage and lead critical contract negotiations. Prepare, validate, present information to management to assess proposed strategies. Responsible for strategic mapping of the accounts and analyzing the status of the customer’s decision-making process. Ensure customer information and relevant documents are entered and maintained in required databases. Develop a strong working relationship with Global Strategic Account (GSA) management and develop a North American growth strategy which is aligned with GSA. Drive sales performance while ensuring criteria are established to measure supply chain performance metrics and other pertinent strategic account goals as defined by management. Develop and maintain internal network of stakeholders (Customer Service, Field & Product Managers, MilliporeSigma Management) with effective and timely communication. Develop strategic account plans and pricing strategies targeting growth opportunities, with regional account management, technical specialists, and marketing teams. Organize internal updates to inform key stakeholders on changes within key accounts around strategic initiatives, customer technologies, and general business trends.
40%-50% Travel regularly to visit customers and attend internal meetings
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical/biological science-based discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working in a major account development role within a Life Sciences Company, or a proven business/sales development track record at a progressively responsible level.
- Location preference Midwest or west coast based
- Masters or Ph.D. degree chemical/biological science-based discipline
- Proven track record of success in a sales management role.
- Strong understanding of diagnostic manufacturing/processes and relevant technical expertise, along with a working knowledge of MilliporeSigma product applications, technologies, competition, and industry trends.
- Excellent facilitator with a strong internal and external customer focus together with a high level of tolerance and ability to build effective relationships where integrity, trust and respect is gained.
- Action oriented with a high-level drive for results and perseverance; acting in professional and positive manner at all times. Highly creative with the ability to generate and implement new and valuable ideas.
- Apt to making key decisions in a timely manner under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Thinks strategically, capable of anticipating future consequences and trends accurately while making critical decisions for the benefit of the overall business.
- Ability to work in a complex, multi-cultural selling environment with the capability of managing diversity.
- General knowledge of logistics and legal aspects of negotiations.
- Good understanding of strategy mapping.
- Excellent time management skills in implementing and executing successful plans of action that balance sales activities with the needs of customers
- Ability to assess and negotiate through the complexity of varying supply chain procurement processes.
- Strong communicator – able to effectively communicate strategies and results for key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.