A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The pharma and biopharma services business of MilliporeSigma is called Process Solutions Services, branded under the name BioReliance®.
Our mission with BioReliance® services is to improve lives by helping to bring safe medicines to market. We perform biosafety, product characterization and genetic toxicology testing services.
Based in Rockville, Maryland, you will have primary responsibility for the genetic toxicology portfolio within the BioReliance® testing portfolio. You will coordinate across R&D, Quality, Operations, Regulatory, Strategy, Sales, Customer Project Management, and all functions to support implementation, launches, and ongoing innovation. You will be responsible for lifecycle management of current methods that could be replaced by new technologies, as well as pricing, go-to-market strategy development, and launch activities. You will obtain deep understanding of customer needs as well as complex market and competitive dynamics and make recommendations to scientific and business leadership to increase growth of the business. You will prepare business cases in support of new service development efforts and will report performance regularly to senior leadership. You will have primary responsibility for developing global strategic and tactical marketing plans in support of genetic toxicology.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors in Life Sciences.
- 2+ years of strategic marketing, business strategy, business implementation, and/or consulting experience in Life Sciences industry.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Travel (including international travel) up to 20% of time will be required.
- Ability to think creatively, approach work with an entrepreneurial mindset, and take the initiative despite minimal day-to-day oversight; ownership mindset to solve problems and drive the business.
- Ability to work with and engage across management team and various functions within the organization. Ability to lead through influence.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, energetic environment. Willing to constructively contribute to and debate key issues affecting the organization across multiple areas.
- Ability to see the current and future business within a broader context and quickly synthesize implications and opportunities for the business to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to communicate both orally and written to internal and external audiences, including to the leadership team, to foster collaboration, drive alignment, and achieve results.
- Knowledge of technical and scientific details of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and testing; credible discussing current and future trends in the industry in front of customers and internal stakeholders; able to contribute to thought leadership activities.
- Ability to think critically and analytically about all business problems.
- Masters Degree in Life Sciences
- Experience working with and manipulating large amounts of financial/other data in Excel. Financial modeling experienced a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.