A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Main functions and Responsibilities
- This position is based in Tokyo (Meguro) and reports to the Director, Regional Marketing APAC for the Milli-Q Lab Water Solutions business. This person is required to manage the entire process of Milli-Q Lab Water Solutions marketing including Field Service marketing, and to support the training team when delivering and organising training for the Milli-Q Lab Water solutions team and the field service team.
- Work with the Milli-Q Lab Water solutions leadership team on the Japanese Strategy and develop the local marketing tactical plan each year in line with global strategic objectives and local market factors.
- Be responsible for managing, leading and building an effective and motivated Japanese Milli-Q Lab Water solutions marketing team in achieving the stated business goals and objectives in Japan. Pursue the development of the marketing team members to ensure a strong leadership pipeline.
- Required to build strategy, analyse, plan, implement and monitor execution of marketing to ensure business success.
- Conduct business and competitive analysis and build annual tactical marketing plans based on global direction. Execution of the national or regional marketing plans to ensure alignment with the Milli-Q Lab Water solutions and Applied solutions strategies.
- Manage the product life cycle of existing products to maximise the profit to the company and ensure successful launch of new products.
- Collaborate with the APAC marketing team, Japanese marketing colleagues from other business units and Marcom teams to develop the local market, position product effectively, support sales, advise on market pricing, advertise and promote our products.
- Work to develop and execute local training for in-house as well as dealers. Support the APAC trainings held in Japan as required.
- Work with the global branding team to promote and increase the brand awareness of Milli-Q for Japan in-line with global messaging guidelines.
- Close collaboration and teamwork with global product management and marketing support, local head of sales and service as well as regional marketing support functions.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Individual must have demonstrated excellent skills in the following areas:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in related science subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy etc.), preferably with MBA or marketing degree.
- Successful marketing/product management or supervisory experience of 2 years or more in an instrument market.
- Understanding of basic business practices of the Japanese Laboratory Water purification industry. Sales experience is preferable.
- Coaching and mentoring skills to guide and develop marketing team.
- Energetic and driven, with a focus on developing innovative ideas.
- Excellent business level English for communication with global and regional colleagues.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com