A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to provide services support in the area of dangerous goods transportation regulations as well as GHS Hazard Communication compliance for China. In this role, you will be working within an international team and the regional team for both dangerous goods and label management in China. Strong management and communication between site operations and the divisional regulatory experts is required. In the area of DG and GHS, we require senior regulatory expertise and a strong technical background. Labeling and SDS oversight and support will require coordination and understanding of the global labeling strategy. This position is responsible for maintaining knowledge of regulatory trends and analyzing impacts for the LS Business in China. This includes the application of strategies to transfer regulatory requirements into the local LS business in China.
- Represent product Hazcom and dangerous goods management in China
- Establish a close and trustful relationship with Regulatory Management, ISCO, Distribution and site management in China.
- Analyze relevant regulatory impacts for the LS China business.
- Define strategies to transfer regulatory requirements into daily operations.
- Oversee and report on regulatory agency and carrier inquiries and audits.
- Support strategic initiatives as applicable to the China region.
- Report into the global organization of LS-QHC and fill our Hazcom mandate in China.
- Work with internal and external customers to resolve issues or address inquiries associated with regulatory requirements pertaining to GHS hazcom/DG/Labelling.
- Lead GHS and DG relevant projects in China to ensure our hazcom and DG documents in China being compliance.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary projects to ensure our high level of compliance is maintained.
- Participate in a global dangerous goods and global label management team framework within the LS-QHC organization.
Who You Are
Education: Graduate degree in Life Sciences or Environmental Science or Chemistry or International business required.
Experience: 4+ years of experience with Hazcom and transportation regulations and regulatory requirements. Previous regulatory/ regulatory consultant will be added advantage!. Intimate knowledge of and experience with China regulations strongly preferred. Project management experience or training strongly preferred. IATA/IMDG certification required, ADR/49CFR certification strongly recommended. Experience and knowledge of GHS hazard communication and labeling elements required.
Technical Skills / Competencies:
1) Chemistry knowledge: (Basic proficiency expected)
- Knowledge in Chemistry subject, in-depth understanding of Functional group, structures etc. Should judge the hazards based on structures and functional group
- Ability to do similarity search and evaluate data from similar substance
2) SAP user knowledge: (Basic proficiency expected)
- Navigation of different screens/transactions
- Ability to create specification and search for proper data in SAP system
- Previous experience with SAP EHSM systems will be added advantage recommended
3) Chemical compliance knowledge: (Basic proficiency expected)
- Knowledge in UN GHS and UN TDG model regulations, and also in depth understanding of local adoptations in China.
- Ability to explain the different requirements for Hazcom and DG in China due to local adoptions in China.
- Understanding of various China competent authorities on hazardous chemical and dangerous goods management.
- Analytical skills – demonstrated problem solving, Root cause analysis and the ability to problem solve.
- Time Management skills – ability to handle complex projects and work within cross-functional teams
- Strong PC skills – i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications – use of analytical tools such as spreadsheets, pivot tables, to interpret and summarize data
Essential and Critical Skills:
- Excellent English communication skills – strong interpersonal skills, ability to professionally represent company policies and procedures, both written and oral
- Experience in interacting with government regulators and inspectors. candidate we are looking for is results driven, has a strong personal attention to accuracy and quality, and possesses outstanding communication skills both laterally and vertically within an organization.
- Experience working with international teams and cross-functional groups will be added advantage
- Basic proficiency in Interpersonal skills, Problem solving, Planning & execution, Customer orientation
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com