A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
A Strategic Leadership of programs/projects within Bioprocessing Strategic Marketing Innovation (SMI) team. Related to securing Quality & Supply and minimizing customer impact from changes; including Change Control Communication Strategy development, internal/external communication and coordination, internal and external surveillance activities, and supporting Business Continuity/Risk Management program as needed. Represent BioProcessing as the business expert/SME for major raw material changes and plant transfers, providing customer insight to implementation and roll-out strategies, execute customer notifications; focus on large or complex projects that cross multiple franchises. Act as the communication lead to support Supply Chain in messaging for supply disruptions. Participate in industry consortiums and working groups related to topics focused on Change Control & Communication. Participate and contribute to specific portfolio product support projects aligned with the Bioprocessing business strategy and franchise marketing initiatives; continuously implement process improvements to increase efficiency of cross-franchise activities i.e. product obsolesce/lifecycle management. Develop and implement internal communication strategy to make all impacted stakeholders aware of Marketing Operations activities. Help further develop KPI's to define Marketing Operations' success
- This position is located in Kansas City or St. Louis, MO area.
- Ability to travel 25%-35% (international and domestic).
Who You Are: Looking for candidates who subscribe to a Growth Mindset, open to possibilities and flexible to change. Team members are individual contributors, driving individual projects, however we operate and share success as a team. Looking for candidates who are comfortable to drive programs & projects but share best practices, learnings and network knowledge to raise the level of their team members and the team. Strong emphasis on Team & Individual Development and opportunities will be presented to those who express an interest in proportion and supported by their strong body of work. Working Environment is open to new ideas as it relates to Strategy or Process Improvements with support to execute on ideas. Emphasis on trying new things and acceptance of failure in pursuit of growth.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, biotechnology or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally in Marketing, Supply Chain or quality in a global organization
- Ability to network and build relationships across Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing and Commercial organizations is a must
- Experience or high level of comfort presenting and interfacing directly with Customers
- Experience with Change Control and other aspects of Supply Chain Risk Management
- Proven experience working in a matrix global organization, developing relationships and leading or executing complex projects. Strong strategic abilities coupled with the ability to tactically execute
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, good problem-solving skills, strong project management skills, and the ability to work independently (self-manage priorities)
- Prior experience improving processes, developing marketing tools and thought leadership
- Prior experience with sales and/or technical support particularly within the bioprocessing market
- Prior experience working in a global organization: inter-cultural competence as well as self-confidence and a strong customer orientation
- Desired experience includes working closely with or within a supply chain or operations role
- Well-organized and a team player. Command of the English language (written and spoken); German and French language a plus but not required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.