A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: We have an excellent opportunity available for an Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist to join the team in Irvine. As an EHS Specialist, you will report into the Site Director and support the site by driving implementation of company EHS principles, policies and procedures to provide for a safe and secure working environment. You will develop recommendations and/or corrective actions to ensure continuous improvement in EHSS activities.
Who You Are:
- Min of 5 years experience leading product safety at site level
- Experience of performing hazard assessments for new products and raw materials
- Have an expert knowledge of industrial hygiene and safety practices, standards, codes and their application
- Previous experience of driving and implementing the EHSS strategy at all levels
- Ability to understand and interpret complex legislation and implement
- Adopt a pro-active EHS approach through influence rather than direct authority
- A proven track record of preparing strong, concise and factual reports
- Provide leadership, develop teamwork, and adopt a pro-active EHS approach
- Strong understanding of ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001
- A degree in Biological/Chemical Science/Engineering would be beneficial
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com