A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Within the BioMonitoring vision, The Benchmark of BioSafety. Because life is precious, we reinvent consumer and patient safety. We anticipate our customers’ needs and market evolution and strive to be the preferred BioSafety testing solution partner. We focus on the microbiological testing needs of pharma and food safety markets, ensuring the world is a safer place.
As the driving force behind maintaining and generating sales in your territory, you will be in a newly formed, highly motivated, team focusing on food safety and quality encompassing both manufacturers and contract testing laboratories. This is a highly visible and strategic role in which you will be responsible for an annual sales target and will report to the North America Food & Beverage Safety & Quality Sales Director. In this role you would personify a technical expert in chemistry and analytical applications and other food safety and quality related technologies to accelerate, enhance, and enable the sales process with in the Food & Beverage Safety & Quality Market. You would also be a resource to help qualify and advance opportunities through to order execution. You would be required to work both independently as well as collaboratively with Sales, Field Marketing, R&D, Product Management, and other critical business partners as needed, documenting, tracking, and reporting activities within approved systems. You will be responsible to raise the level of awareness internally & externally around our product and services portfolio, market trends, regulatory drivers, competitive threats, potential collaboration projects, and related strategic initiatives within the business.
Position requires 75% + travel visiting customers within assigned territory
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry required, with 5+ years of technical sales experience, or Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry with 5+ years of industry experience with Laboratory Testing, or as a Lab Supervisor or Lab Manager
- Masters or Doctorate in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related Science
- Preferred field location close to US major airport in the Midwest or western US
- Experience working within food manufacturing testing applications with a thorough comprehensive understanding of associated regulatory guidelines, customer processes and needs
- Fluent in English, written and oral communication
- Broad understanding of basic scientific procedures, testing methods, and regulations used within the Food Safety & Quality industry
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Commercial acumen to negotiate long term supply agreements
- Highly goal oriented and self-motivated, capable of working with minimum direction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be autonomous and to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience working in a complex matrix organization
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.