A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Process Solutions Controlling team partners with the global business leaders to report on/forecast the business results as well as to build/support strategic initiatives.
This role will support the full Controlling team in a wide range of activities such as: consolidations of divisional results and plans; reporting/analyzing/forecasting of spending, headcount, Capex; development of templates for reporting, operating plans; supporting M&A activities/integrations; ad-hoc analytics and projects. A large part of the role will be partnering with larger Controlling team as well as key Accounting partners with the goal of supporting our business partners and gaining an understanding of the data as well as driving analytics for fact-based decisions.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting discipline with 2-3+ years of relevant working experience
- Strong oral and written communications in English, able to communicate globally across cultures
- Exceptional Excel skills (advanced user – lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Attention to detail and focus on quality and timeliness; feel comfortable working with large volumes of data to create concise analysis while culling out relevant insights
- Ability to build/improve/automate processes with significant data sets
- Ability to work independently, balance multiple deliverables/activities and be goal/deadline oriented
- Collaborative with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and intuitively challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrate flexibility and maintain open mind set with regards to technical challenges and changing priorities working in a global business environment.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle & SAP, familiar with TM1, Business Objects)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.