A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: You are a software deployment engineer (all genders), eager to work on solutions that help scientists in laboratories around the world transition to a more digital way of working. As a software deployment engineer, you will join a selected team of highly skilled developers and engineers creating cutting-edge digital products in the laboratory informatics space. The products you will be working on make scientific data more readily accessible for ease of integration, collaboration, analysis and long-term archiving. Your position includes configuring and operating the continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipeline for solutions based on a scalable microservices architecture. You will also be responsible for maintaining monitoring and reporting systems both for the CI/CD pipeline and product Dev/QA/Prod deployments. You'll be working as part of a highly engaged team in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment using latest technologies with the opportunity to learn something new every day.
This role is within our new subsidiary BSSN Software GmbH and based in Darmstadt/ Germany. BSSN creates software for vendor-neutral analytical and biological data management. This software is sold to end users but also licensed to instrument and software vendors. We are working with the world's leading LIMS and ELN companies, as well as top-tier instrument vendors.
Who you are:
- University degree in Computer Science or comparable and experience with the architecture, deployment and maintenance of distributed systems
- Extensive experience with configuring and maintaining environments based on Docker, Kubernetes or Rancher, including monitoring and reporting infrastructure, e.g. using Prometheus, Grafana or Zabbix
- Experience with DevOps practices and configuring and operating tools for Continuous Integration/Deployment, e.g. GitLab CI/CD or Hudson/Jenkins
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows administration, including federation and with cloud platforms, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, Open Telekom Cloud
- (Optional) Experience with authentication/authorization, e.g. AD, SAML, OAuth2, OpenID Connect
- Fluent English is required, German language skills are a plus
- A team player, always eager to learn new skills and technologies
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com