A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Reporting into the Quality Control Supervisor, this role is responsible for supporting the QC Department.
- Raise all external testing POs and maintain folder of raised POs to aid Analysts on dispatch.
- Save all external results onto the system and maintain database of results.
- Follows up on external test results to ensure that analysts have them in time.
- Contacts external laboratories prior to sample being sent to ensure that they are expecting samples and are clear on test timelines.
- Ensure all POs are appropriately closed in Tetra as they are completed.
- Identify which invoices can be approved at the end of the month.
- Make sure that any consumables, chemicals and Reference Standards are ordered promptly.
- Obtain quotes from external labs and suppliers for work required.
- Looks after purchasing while taking into account the budget. Highlights high spend.
- Record all incoming customer queries and respond to many requests, including sending out CoAs.
- Collate all relevant information for complex queries elevated to MP and MMc.
- Follow up external labs and suppliers who are late in delivering results / supplies.
- Draw up CoAs and ensure the CoA folder on the system is kept up-to-date with the latest certificates.
- Maintain database of instrument calibrations, including what is due and what has been calibrated.
- Create weekly report detailing the relevant calibrations due and completed.
- Responsible for the transition to SAP of QC lab instrument calibration checks.
- Retrieving and delivering documents from and to the archive room, particularly during audits.
- Scan all new ARSs, CoAs, OOSs, OOTs, and Lab Deviations and save them for electronic retrieval.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Leaving Certification of equivalent
- Desirable: Certificate or Diploma in administration/secretarial skills.
- Fluent in English language (written and oral) is essential
- High level of organisation skills
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Lotus Notes/e-mail, Access, etc.
We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!