A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Path Forward Return to Work program at EMD Serono is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. This role has the potential to become a full-time permanent role.
If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At EMD Serono, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Do you love oncology?
Are you a communications leader who lives to do work that matters and may make a difference for patients?
We are recruiting for a new Global Head, Oncology Communications to lead product and pipeline communication for the Oncology Global Business Franchise of Merck KgaA, Darmstadt, Germany, which operates as EMD Serono in the United States. Based at our US headquarters in Rockland, Massachusetts, the Global Head, Oncology Communications will have a strong understanding of the global oncology business and product communications as well as the underlying scientific discovery, clinical development, regulatory, and commercial aspects of launching cancer medicines globally. In addition to working closely with the Oncology Global Business Franchise, Early Product Planning, and R&D leadership, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with all stakeholders across the company, including key colleagues in Corporate, Global and Country Communications, Investor Relations, and Patient Advocacy. Fostering strong relationships with communication team members at our global headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany is an important part of the role. The Head of Global Communications must have strong organizational and leadership abilities, superlative communication skills (written and oral), strong digital and social media awareness, global launch and issues management experience, and the poise to provide communications counsel to senior leaders. Additionally, management of budgets, agencies, and relationships within a highly-matrixed, fast-paced business environment are requirements for this role.
The Global Head, Oncology Communications will direct all external and internal communication for the Oncology business both globally and for the US commercial organization. This work includes:
- positioning our organization as a global leader in general oncology and emerging competitor in immuno-oncology
- overseeing the continued Phase 3 readouts and global launches of our cancer immunotherapy
- supporting the continued growth of our legacy oncology programs
- communicating important milestones for new and exciting, highly anticipated precision medicine and immuno-oncology development programs
- Directing internal and external communication for the Oncology Global Business Franchise and US Commercial organization with a focus on the marketed oncology portfolio and an exciting precision medicine and immune-oncology pipeline.
- Identifying key program milestones, developing subsequent messaging and communication strategies, managing data milestones and congress communication, and implementing overall communication plans to support business objectives.
- Managing global and US teams and effectively directing communication activities across all channels, including traditional and social media.
- Actively managing crisis communication for Oncology and serving as the primary communications contact for the management of issues that may negatively impact company reputation.
- Proactively positioning the Oncology Global Business Franchise among key external and internal audiences.
- Advising the Head of the Oncology Global Business Franchise on communication issues and helping to shape a highly collaborative, innovative business franchise as a member of the Oncology Franchise Leadership Team.
- Establishing strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Managing communication agencies and budgets.
- Ensuring compliance with guidelines and processes.
Who You Are:
- Must have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 10 plus years of experience in a marketing communications position, PR agency within health sciences industry, or respected health care organization in a related role
- Experience in oncology communications required
- Understanding of clinical trials and international regulatory processes and standards
- Significant digital expertise, in particular in design and implementation of social media campaigns and development and deployment of a variety of digital channels in the highly regulated environment
- Medical and scientific understanding – particularly in oncology
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduate communications, business, or science degree preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.