A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Path Forward Return to Work program at EMD Serono is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At EMD Serono, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on care-giving transition back to the paid workforce.
The Manager, Patient Access and Support oversees the activities of a Patient Access Team within MS LifeLines (MSLL), and directly manages up to fifteen employees. The employees reporting to this role are responsible for case management and providing assistance and support to patients, family members, caregivers, nurses, physicians, pharmacists and internal colleagues. This team will act as the primary point of contact for healthcare providers inquiring about access to EMD Serono’s products and services. The manager must lead, inspire and engage with passion by modeling EMD Serono behaviors and working with a sense of urgency to achieve organizational goals. Identify, hire, coach, and develop employees. Motivate the team to deliver results that are aligned with EMD Serono values and customer experience standards in accordance with applicable laws and EMD Serono's compliance policies. Cultivate an atmosphere of cross-functional collaboration and reciprocal communication that creates a winning environment and inspires all to hold themselves and others accountable for delivering excellence. Ensure effective communication and coordinate processes and procedures among teams within MSLL and other departments. Monitor case and phone queue status to ensure there is adequate coverage and KPIs are met. Drive a Performance culture which includes mentoring, coaching, developing measurable objectives and overall performance management of staff to include real time feedback on performance and process. Create standard reporting package that provides high level insight for the unit and individual performance results that allow for employee differentiation. Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are up to date, reflect the current process, and all staff is trained according to SOPs and staff are periodically audited to ensure compliance.
- Normal office duties.
- Must be flexible in working hours, shift work and weekend shifts may be required.
- 5% travel required
Who You Are:
- Must have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- 5+ years of computer skills (customer contact databases, Windows, Microsoft office)
- 5+ years of work experience in healthcare, managed care, insurance or pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- 3+ years direct management experience
- Masters or MBA a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Functional experience in reimbursement and health care consulting, provider relations, operations, nursing, medical marketing, or customer service programs
- Knowledge of reimbursement, healthcare regulatory or health insurance policies related to pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry
- Call or contact center experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Copay foundations
- Experience working with Specialty Pharmacies a plus
- Excellent computer literacy (databases, presentation software, financial software, word processing)
- Experience creating reports showing team performance and analyzing data to identify trends
- Accountability and strong work ethic
- Ability to translate complex information into succinct and impactful messages
- Ability to identify themes and data and make strong recommendations towards improvement in customer satisfaction and retention
- Understands the need for change and drives participation in change efforts. Flexibility in leading through change, driving through unexpected challenges to deliver on business imperatives.
- Strong understanding of current legal and regulatory environment a must and the ability to operate and be successful in such an environment
- Current understanding of pharmaceutical and promotional rules and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Ability to collaborate effectively across functions in a complex organization and business environment
- Ability to develop logical cases that effectively influence collaboration, alignment, and execution across all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional customer service and telephone skills
- Effective leadership skills (Inspirational, Motivational). Excellent team building skills with a creative approach.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.