A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You will be the first member of our global patent function in China. The successful candidate will interact with our R&D, business, legal and patents teams providing counsel on IP matters identifying opportunities, risks and solutions to support the company’s business and strategic goals – requiring a solid knowledge about and good understanding of understanding of our businesses. As the expert in local patent matters, you will have opportunities to work on agreements, licenses and due diligences. As member of a global patent organization, you will also have an active role in patent portfolio management through drafting, filing, prosecuting and defending patents. Some travel (domestic and/or international) will be required to support businesses on site and to align with our global teams.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5 years of patent law experience, with significant experience in chemical or pharmaceutical area.
- Preference to individuals with in-house experience, or both private practice and in-house experience.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English required, other language skills are advantageous.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and manage risks.
- Curious to solve business challenges with IP tools.
- Skilled at effective time management.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Enjoys working in an open team environment with ability to be focused and self-reliant.
- Registered to practice before the CNIPA. (patent attorney; 专利代理师)
- A University degree in a relevant scientific area (e.g., chemistry, biological sciences). Advanced degree and/or experience in research and development a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com