A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Lead and manage the analytics infrastructure and ensure EMD Serono is equipped with the best available systems, processes, tools and analytic capabilities to drive performance and growth
- Utilize existing technologies including SQL and HDFS data warehouses, API interfaces and mutli-platform integrations to maintain the stability of the B&CI data analytics platform. Ensure that we are leveraging the latest developments in technology and all required information is easily accessible. Maintenance of strong documentation of this infrastructure and environment is required
- An integral participant in analytics/reporting/data integration activities which could include new analytics projects on current platforms, expanding our analytical insights by leveraging advanced analytics techniques (e.g. Machine Learning or Predictive Analytics) or automating existing manual analytical tools
- Advance the usage of analytics to uncover insights with targeted and actionable recommendations. You will do this by understanding business requirements, integrating datasets from multiple sources to develop actionable business insights, and ensure those insights are readily available to all key stakeholders
- Support and develop an environment where business partners will make data insights a key factor in their decision making
- Perform adhoc analysis and projects as required
Who you are:
- You have an undergraduate degree in Computer science, Statistics or Mathematics or equivalent. A post-graduate degree with a similar focus is an asset.
- 5+ years of Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industry experience in data analytics and insights.
- Previous experience in leading and maintaining a complex data infrastructure
- Advanced skills in SQL, R and/or Python. Experience with SSMS and Visual Studio is an asset
- You have a strong background using Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Excel and Salesforce that combines with your advanced analytical techniques to create tools and insights that support business decision making
- Outstanding collaboration, persuasive communication and strong influencing skills that you leverage to easily communicate complex methodologies, approaches, and results.
- Strong knowledge of IQVIA (IMS) data sets
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and establish relationships with appropriate internal and external contacts
- Strong project management skills
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Strong Documentation Skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.