A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono, Discovery Pharmacology is at the center of drug discovery efforts and brings critical in vitro pharmacology data for project progression as well as technological innovation. We are looking for a Scientist to join our Molecular Pharmacology group who can actively contribute to the success of our discovery projects and promote scientific excellence in the fields of immunology, immuno-oncology, and oncology as well as technology advancement within the group.
As a key member of the Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Department, you will develop and run high throughput cellular and biochemical assays for compound profiling across multiple target classes and modalities, including kinase inhibitors and protein degraders. You will design and execute mechanism of action and target deconvolution studies using multiple technologies, including mass spectrometry-based proteomics, to understand pharmacological responses.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Cell Biology or other related scientific discipline with 3+ years of experience working with core techniques for biochemistry and cellular biology (e.g. cell culture, Western blot, immunoprecipitation) or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Cell Biology or other related discipline.
- PhD degree in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or related field with 0-3 years post degree experience
- Enthusiasm and scientific curiosity to pursue critical data to elucidate drug mechanism of action and to develop and execute biochemical and cellular assays from hit to lead
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of chemical biology, protein biochemistry, proteomics and/or molecular biology
- Desire to learn and master enabling proteomics techniques and technologies
- Familiarity with principles of high throughput biochemical assays and automation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a track record of publication
- Desire to work in a matrix team, representing Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology in discovery project teams
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.